Use the Buyers window to define and maintain your buyers. Buyers can review all requisitions using the Requisitions window, and only buyers can enter and autocreate purchasing documents. See the Document Types window for rules governing access to documents.
Note: Creating the Job, Position, Person in US HRMS Manager (Ref: General Ledger Topic name Journal Approval)
1. Create a job
2. Create a Position
3. Create a Person
4. Assign a User id to the Person
5. Switch to Purchasing Responsibility
Switch to IVAS Purchasing Responsibility
File > Switch Responsibility > VAS Purchasing
6. Assign Employee as a Buyer
N: Setup > Personnel > Buyer
To define buyers:
1. Navigate to the Buyers window by selecting Buyers from the menu.
2. If you are defining a new buyer click the New Buyer button in the Find Buyer window. To enter changes to an existing buyer enter the buyer’s name in the Buyer field, the buyer’s ship-to location in the Ship-to field, or the category assigned to the buyer in the Category field. Once you have completed one or all of these fields click the Find button.
5. Enter the name of the ship-to location for which the buyer typically creates purchase orders. Purchasing defaults this value when you are auto creating documents.
6. Enter the Start Date that you want to initiate the responsibilities for a buyer. The default is the current date.
7. Enter the End Date after which the employee is no longer a buyer.
8. Save your work.